University of Colorado - Denver
| unknown = | preview = Page using Template:Infobox university with unknown parameter "_VALUE_"|ignoreblank=y | academic_affiliation| academic_affiliations| academic_staff| address| administrative_staff| affiliation| affiliations| athletics| athletics_nickname| athletics_nicknames| budget| campus| caption| chairman| chairperson| chancellor| city| closed| colors| colours| coordinates| coor| country| dean| director| doctoral| embedded| endowment| enrollment| established| faculty| footnotes| former_name| former_names| founder| founders| free| free_label| head| head_label| image| image_alt| image_name| image_size| language| latd| latin_name| latitude| latm| latNS| lats| linkedin| location| logo| logo_alt| logo_size| longd| longEW| longitude| longm| longs| map_size| mascot| mascots| module| motto| motto_lang| mottoeng| name| native_name| native_name_lang| nickname| nrhp| officer_in_charge| other| other_name| other_names| other_students| parent| postalcode| postcode| postgrad| president| principal| province| provost| pushpin_label_position| pushpin_map| pushpin_map_caption| rector| religious_affiliation| sporting_affiliations| sports| sports_nickname| sports_nicknames| staff| state| students| superintendent| type| undergrad| vice_chancellor| vice-president| website| zipcode| }} University of Colorado, Denver (CU Denver) is a public research university in Denver, Colorado, United States and is part of the University of Colorado system. The university has two campuses: one in downtown Denver at the Auraria Campus and the other at the Anschutz Medical Campus located in neighboring Aurora. The single university is the result of the 2004 consolidation of the University of Colorado, Denver and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. CU Denver is classified as a research university with high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university ranked 197 among national universities according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- M.S.N. in Health Care Informatics
- 35 credit hours, completed in roughly two years
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/nursing/programs-admissions/graduate-programs/ms-program/specialties/healthcareinformatics/Pages/default.aspx
- Ph.D. in Clinical Science, Health Information Technology Focus
- ?? credit hours; "In addition to the program-wide requirement of at least 30 credit hours of thesis work, the didactic coursework component includes 26-32 credit hours of required coursework plus 2-6 credit hours of elective coursework (exact coursework requirements vary by area)."
- Available online? No
- Program URL: http://www.ucdenver.edu/research/CCTSI/education-training/clsc/phd-program/Pages/Health-Information-Technology.aspx
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Informatics
- 16 credit hours; primarily for those without a BS in nursing
- Available online? Yes)
- Program URL: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/nursing/programs-admissions/graduate-programs/ms-program/specialties/healthcareinformatics/academics/Health%20Care%20Informatics%20Certificate/Pages/HealthCareInformaticsCertificate.aspx
- Post-Master's Certificate in Health Care Informatics
- 16 credit hours
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/nursing/programs-admissions/graduate-programs/ms-program/specialties/healthcareinformatics/academics/Post-Master%27s%20Certificate/Pages/Post-Master%27sCertificate.aspx
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "University of Colorado--Denver". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-colorado-denver-6740. Retrieved 29 November 2016.