Book:LIMSjournal - Laboratory Technology Special Edition
|This is a LIMSwiki book, a collection of LIMSwiki articles that can be easily saved, rendered electronically, and ordered as a printed book.
|Edit this book:||Book Creator · Wikitext|
|Select format to download:|
|Order a printed copy from these publishers:||PediaPress|
|[ Start ] [ FAQ ] [ Basic help ] [ Advanced help ] [ Feedback ] [ Recent Changes ]|
LIMSjournal - Laboratory Technology Special Edition
This is a special collection of notes, white papers, guides, and recorded webinars created by laboratory automation veteran Joe Liscouski. He has over forty years of experience in the field, including the design and development of automation systems (both custom and commercial systems), laboratory information management systems (LIMS), robotics, and data interchange standards. He also consults on the use of computing in laboratory work. He has held symposia on validation and presented technical material and short courses on laboratory automation and computing in the U.S., Europe, and Japan. His current work has a strong focus on the necessary planning and education steps that must arrive to support the future of laboratory automation.
This collection ranges as far back as 2006, when Liscouski addressed the concept of the "laboratory automation engineer." The material appears here in order of publication, spanning all the way to as recently as April 2021. Keep in mind that this is not a complete collection of his works but a representative example, available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. Given that license, Shawn Douglas has made minor tweaks to the original spelling and grammar in their addition to LIMSwiki, as well as a few editorial tweaks of passages and additions of closing material to provide greater clarity to the overall content. In two cases, the original content is hosted off LIMSwiki, but a portal to that content is found here.
Now go on a historical journey of laboratory technology and how it has influenced labs of all varieties. Note how Liscouski's observances morph, relative to the times, while remaining steadfast in his belief that proper managment, planning, and education are at the core of an effective laboratory automation initiative.
- Are You a Laboratory Automation Engineer? (Liscouski 2006)
- Elements of Laboratory Technology Management (Liscouski 2014)
- A Guide for Management: Successfully Applying Laboratory Systems to Your Organization's Work (Liscouski 2018)
- Laboratory Technology Management & Planning (Liscouski 2019)
- Notes on Instrument Data Systems (Liscouski 2020)
- Laboratory Technology Planning and Management: The Practice of Laboratory Systems Engineering (Liscouski 2020)
- Considerations in the Automation of Laboratory Procedures (Liscouski 2021)
- The Application of Informatics to Scientific Work: Laboratory Informatics for Newbies (Liscouski 2021)
- Directions in Laboratory Systems: One Person's Perspective (Liscouski 2021)