LII:The Practical Guide to the U.S. Physician Office Laboratory/Addendum
This is an addendum to the Laboratory Informatics Institute's white paper The Practical Guide to the U.S. Physician Office Laboratory. It contains information about conferences, consultants, organizations, and published materials that could potentially help those operating and working in a physician office laboratory (POL). Much of the content isn't specific to the POL, but it may prove useful to the POL's various personnel.
Note: This content was found via web searches and represents available resources that could potentially help POL staff. The appearance of an entity should not be construed as a recommendation for that entity by the Laboratory Informatics Institute.
To hide the contents of the this section for easier reading of other sections, click the "Collapse" link to the right.
While this arguably may not be an authoritative list of conferences relating to clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physician office laboratories, or other aspects of clinical laboratory work, an attempt has been made to make it thorough. That said, the following are additional tools which may help you find additional clinical laboratory-related conferences:
- HONmeeting and its database of medical meetings
- ResearchBib and its research conference seeker
- WikiCFP and its conference and workshop listing
Other search tools for conferences:
|Notes about the tables: DD/MM (Day/Month) is usually preferred on this wiki, but to make sorting work optimally in these tables, the MM/DD format is used. If you wish to sort by column X and then column Y (year, and then date, for example), simply left-click the desired arrow for the first column to sort by, and then hold the Shift key and left-click the desired arrow for the second column to sort by.|
Note: These listings are updated three times a year, typically at the beginning of January, May, and September.
|Conference||Country||City (State)||Month / Day(s)||Year||Organizer||Details|
|ACM-BCB 2023||United States||Houston (Texas)||09 / 03–06||2023||Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)||An annual conference on bioinformatics, computational biology, and health informatics|
|ACM SIGCOMM 2023||United States||New York City||09 / 10–14||2023||Association for Computing Machinery's (ACM's) Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM)||An annual international meeting of the ACM SIGCOMM on the topic of computer and data communication networks and their "architecture, design, implementation, operations, analysis, measurement, and simulation" (alternate URL)|
|AIME 2023||Unknown||Unknown||06 / 14–17||2023||European Society for Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIME)||An annual international conference on AI techniques in medical research and care for AIME|
|AMIA 2023 Annual Symposium||United States||New Orleans (Louisiana)||11 / 11–15||2023||American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)||An annual biomedical and informatics symposium for the AMIA|
|AMIA Informatics Summit 2024||United States||Boston (Massachusetts)||03 / 18–21||2024||American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)||Annual summit on a "full range of cutting-edge work in translational informatics and clinical data science from inception to implementation"|
|ANIA 2024 Conference||United States||Chicago (Illinois)||05 / 09–11||2024||American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA)||An annual informatics conference for the ANIA|
|APHL 2024||United States||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)||An annual public health conference for the APHL|
|ASCLD 2024 Symposium||United States||Birmingham (Alabama)||04 / 28 – 05 / 02||2024||American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD)||An annual symposium concerning "the day-to-day operation of a crime laboratory" for the ASCLD|
|ASIS&T 2023 Annual Meeting||United Kingdom||London||10 / 27–31||2023||Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)||An annual information science and technology conference for the ASIS&T|
|Bio-IT World Conference and Expo 2024||United States||Boston (Massachusetts)||05 / Unknown||2024||Cambridge Healthtech Institute||An annual medical and biomedical informatics conference and exhibition|
|BIOSTEC 2024||Italy||Rome||02 / 21–23||2024||Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication||An annual multi-conference on "theoretical advances and applications of information systems, artificial intelligence, signal processing, electronics and other engineering tools in knowledge areas related to biology and medicine"|
|BIOTECHNO 2024||Unknown||Unknown||03 / Unknown||2024||International Academy, Research and Industry Association (IARIA)||An international conference on bioinformatics, biocomputational systems, and biotechnologies|
|C3DIS 2024||Unknown||Unknown||07 / Unknown||2024||Conference Design Pty. Ltd.||An Australasian conference on "the production of breakthrough science outcomes that require large scale, complex computations and analyses to be carried out over massive data sets"|
|Computing in Cardiology||United States||Atlanta||09 / 24–27||2023||Computers in Cardiology, Inc.||An international conference on computing in clinical cardiology and cardiovascular physiology|
|Context Sensitive Health Informatics (CSHI) 2023||Unknown||Unknown||11 / Unknown||2023||European Federation for Medical Informatics||A biennial international conference on health information technologies and their environments|
|Digital Health & Care Scotland 2024||Scotland||Edinburgh||02 / Unknown||2024||Holyrood Connect||An annual national conference for sharing digital health successes and lessons learned|
|Digital Health Institute Summit 2024||Australia||Unknown||04 / Unknown||2024||Australasian Institute of Digital Health (AIDH)||A national conference for the Australasian Institute of Digital Health|
|e-Health 2023 (Toronto)||Canada||Toronto (Ontario)||05 / 28–30||2023||Canada Health Infoway (CHI); Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI); COACH: Canada's Health Informatics Association||A national conference on eHealth and medical informatics|
|EAI Healthware 2024||Unknown||Unknown||11 / Unknown||2024||European Alliance for Innovation (EAI)||A triennial international conference of the "key issues, opportunities and obstacles for personal health data research"|
|EMBC’23||Australia||Sydney||07 / 24–28||2023||The IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE EMBC)||An annual international conference of the IEEE EMBC|
|EMBnet AGM 2023||Italy||Bari||06 / 23||2023||EMBnet, The Global Bioinformatics Network||An annual conference on bioinformatics for EMBnet|
|EuroIA 2023||Netherlands||Amsterdam||09 / 21–23||2023||EuroIA Organizing Committee||An annual European conference on information architecture and informatics|
|EXPO.health 2023||Unknown||Unknown||09 / Unknown||2023||Healthcare Scene||An annual conference "focused on improving healthcare through technology collaboration"|
|FOIS 2023||Canada||Sherbrooke (Québec)||07 / 17–20||2023||The International Association for Ontology and its Applications (IAOA)||A biennial conference on formal ontology and information systems|
|Future Laboratory Informatics Forum||ONLINE||ONLINE||11 / Unknown||2023||IQPC||An annual European conference on laboratory informatics|
|Genome Informatics 2024||United Kingdom||Hinxton||09 / Unknown||2024||Wellcome Genome Campus||An annual conference that "will bring together computational biologists, human geneticists and others working on comparative and evolutionary genomics to discuss important recent advances"|
|Health Datapalooza 2024||United States||Arlington (Virginia)||02 / Unknown||2024||AcademyHealth||A conference on "creating knowledge from data and pioneering innovations that drive health policy and practice"|
|HEALTHINF 2024||Italy||Rome||02 / 21–23||2024||Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC)||An annual international conference on health informatics|
|HIMAA 2023||Australia||Brisbane (Queensland)||10 / 29 – 11 / 01||2023||The Health Information Management Association Australia (HIMAA)||An annual health informatics conference for HIMAA|
|HIMSS 2024||United States||Unknown||04 / Unknown||2024||The Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS)||An annual health informatics conference for HIMSS|
|HIMSS Europe 2023||Portugal||Lisbon||06 / 07–09||2023||Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS) Europe||An annual international conference of HIMSS Europe|
|HINZ 2023||New Zealand||Hamilton||11 / 27–30||2023||Health Informatics New Zealand (HINZ)||An annual health informatics conference for HINZ|
|HIS 2023||Australia||Melbourne||10 / 23–24||2023||HIS (Health Information Science) Organizing Committee||An annual international conference on health informatics|
|ICIMTH 2023||Greece||Athens||07 / 01–02||2023||ICIMTH Organizing Committee||An annual international conference on biomedical, clinical, and other types of informatics|
|ICKM 2023||Brazil||Florianópolis||11 / 22–24||2023||ICKM Organizing Committee||An annual international conference on on scientific developments in information technology and knowledge management|
|IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics 2023||United States||Houston (Texas)||06 / 10–13||2023||IEEE||An annual international conference on scientific developments in clinical information technology|
|IFHIMA Congress 2023||Australia||Brisbane (Queensland)||10 / 30 — 11 / 01||2023||The International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA)||A triennial international health information management congress for IFHIMA|
|Inform 2024 Waters Informatics Users Conference||Unknown||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||Waters Corporation||An annual user conference of Waters' informatics products|
|INFORMATIK 2023||Germany||Berlin||09 / 27–29||2023||Gesellschaft für Informatik||An annual national conference on informatics|
|Information Architecture Conference 2024||United States||Unknown||03 / Unknown||2024||IA Institute||An annual information architecture and informatics summit|
|International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics 2023 (ICBHI)||Turkey||Istanbul||07 / 29–30||2023||International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering and others||An international conference on biomedical and health informatics|
|International Conference on Brain Informatics and Neuroinformatics 2023||Italy||Rome||11 / 11–12||2023||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology||An international conference that "aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of brain informatics and neuroinformatics."|
|International Conference on Health and Medical Informatics (ICHMI) 2024||Japan||Yokohama||05 / 17–19||2024||Chemical, Biological & Environmental Engineering Society||An annual international conference on technology in the medical and health sciences|
|International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO) 2023||Italy||Rome||07 / 12–14||2023||Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication||An annual international conference on the "application of informatics to control, automation, and robotics"|
|International Conference on Proteomics, Genomics and Bioinformatics||Japan||Tokyo||11 / 08–09||2023||OMICS Group||An annual international conference on proteomics and bioinformatics|
|ISBER 2024||United States||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER)||An annual international conference for ISBER|
|ISC'24||Unknown||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||Prometeus||An annual international conference on high-performance computing|
|ISCB 2023||Italy||Milan||08 / 27–31||2023||International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB)||An annual international conference for the ISCB|
|ISCB Africa ASBCB 2024||Unknown||Unknown||06 / Unknown||2024||International Society for Computational Biology and the African Society for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology||A biennial national meeting on bioinformatics|
|ISMB 2023||France||Lyon||07 / 23–27||2023||International Society for Computational Biology||An annual international bioinformatics and computational biology conference|
|LabWare 2023 Africa Customer Education Conference||South Africa||Hermanus||09 / 12–15||2023||LabWare, Inc.||An annual LabWare customer education conference for the Africa region|
|LabWare 2023 Asia Pacific Customer Education Conference||Australia||Gold Coast||08 / 16–18||2023||LabWare, Inc.||An annual LabWare customer education conference for the Asia Pacific region|
|LabWare 2023 China Customer Education Conference||China||Wuhan City||09 / 17–22||2023||LabWare, Inc.||An annual LabWare customer education conference for the China region|
|LabWare 2023 European Customer Education Conference||Spain||Madrid||06 / 19–23||2023||LabWare, Inc.||An annual LabWare customer education conference for the European region|
|LabWare 2023 Latin American Customer Education Conference||Brazil||Foz do Iguaçu||10 / 01–06||2023||LabWare, Inc.||An annual LabWare customer education conference for the Latin American region|
|LabWare 2024 North American Customer Education Conference||United States||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||LabWare, Inc.||An annual LabWare customer education conference for the North American region|
|LIMS-Forum 2023||Germany||Köln||11 / 13–14||2023||Klinkner & Partner||An annual forum on laboratory informatics|
|MedInfo 2023||Australia||Sydney (New South Wales)||07 / 08–12||2023||International Medical Informatics Association||A biennial international congress on medical and health informatics|
|MedTech Conference, The||United States||Anaheim (California)||10 / 09—11||2023||AdvaMed||An annual conference on medical informatics and technology|
|MIE 2024||Unknown||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||European Federation for Medical Informatics (EFMI)||An annual European conference on medical informatics|
|NAHDO Annual Conference||ONLINE||ONLINE||11 / 07–09||2023||National Association of Health Data Organizations (NAHDO)||An annual health informatics conference for NAHDO|
|NextGen Omics Series UK||United Kingdom||London||11 / Unknown||2023||Oxford Global Conferences||An annual European congress on NGS technologies, data analysis, and clinical applications|
|Paperless Lab Academy 2023 - Europe||Unknown||Unknown||04 / Unknown||2024||Industrial Lab Automation||An annual conference on the paperless laboratory for the European market|
|Paperless Lab Academy 2023 - USA||Unknown||Unknown||11 / 15–16||2023||Industrial Lab Automation||An annual conference on the paperless laboratory for the US market|
|Pathology Informatics Summit 2024||United States||Unknown||05 / Unknown||2024||University of Pittsburgh and the Association for Pathology Informatics (API)||An annual educational conference on pathology informatics|
|PharmaTec Series||United Kingdom||London||09 / 11–12||2023||Oxford Global Conferences||An annual European congress on the role of technology on the pharmaceutical sector|
|Physician-Computer Connection Annual Symposium||United States||Ojai (California)||06 / 20–23||2023||Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems||An annual national symposium on physician use of healthcare information systems and technology|
|Pittcon||United States||San Diego (California)||02 / 24–28||2024||The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy||An annual international conference and expo on laboratory science|
|RDAP24||Unknown||Unknown||03 / Unknown||2024||Research Data Access & Preservation Association||An annual research data access and preservation summit|
|Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics Annual Conference||United States||Snowmass Village (Colorado)||12 / Unknown||2023||International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB)||An annual conference for the ISCB|
|SC23||United States||Denver (Colorado)||11 / 12–17||2023||HPC Interconnections||An annual international supercomputing conference|
|SIGKDD 2023||United States||Long Beach (California)||08 / 6–10||2023||KDD 2023 Organizing Committee||An annual conference on data mining and big data|
|SIIM 2023 Annual Meeting||United States||Austin (Texas)||06 / 14–16||2023||Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine||An annual conference on imaging informatics and technology|
|SLAS2024||United States||Boston (Massachusetts)||02 / 03–07||2024||Society for Laboratory Automation & Screening (SLAS)||An annual conference and exhibition about laboratory automation for SLAS|
|SmartLab Exchange USA||United States||San Diego (California)||03 / 19–20||2024||IQPC Exchange and the International Quality and Productivity Center (IQPC)||An annual conference on informatics in R&D and manufacturing|
|Software Design for Medical Devices Global Annual Summit||Unknown||Unknown||09 / Unknown||2023||International Quality and Productivity Center (IQPC)||An annual conference on software for medical device manufacturers|
|SPIE Medical Imaging 2024||United States||San Diego (California)||02 / 18–22||2024||International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE)||An annual conference on the "advancement of medical imaging technologies that include image processing, physics, computer-aided diagnosis, biomedical applications, informatics, digital pathology, and more"|
|State Healthcare IT Connect Summit 2024||United States||Baltimore (Maryland)||03 / Unknown||2024||National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)||An annual summit for those managing state health IT systems|
|Summer Institute in Nursing Informatics (SINI) 2023||United States||Baltimore (Maryland)||07 / 20–21||2023||University of Maryland School of Nursing||An annual national nursing informatics conference|
To hide the contents of the this section for easier reading of other sections, click the "Collapse" link to the right.
LIMS, LIS, and laboratory
These consultancies seem to focus primarily on helping others plan, choose, and implement an informatics system for the laboratory, though they may offer other services to laboratories, such as computer system validation (CSV), project management, and workflow development. (The location represents the entity's headquarters.)
|Vendor||Headquarters||Key services||Services page|
|A Byte of Advice, Inc.||Fairfield, IL, U.S.||"We provide project management, system development, code modification, support and training";
experience with LabVantage and PerkinElmer products
|A2LA Workplace Training||Frederick, MD, U.S.||LIMS, quality management systems, regulatory compliance assessments, process and risk management, etc.||Services page|
|ABB Ltd.||Zurich, Switzerland||Provides an expansive set of services.||Services page|
|Accenture PLC||Dublin, Ireland||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, LIS, ELN, data analytics, managed services, etc.||Services page|
|AKKA Technologies Group||Brussels, Belgium||Information technology, engineering, clinical data management, regulatory affairs and compliance, etc.||Services page|
|Astrix, Inc.||Red Bank, NJ, U.S.||"Astrix’s core competency is to assist organizations in the development and implementation of data
management strategies to enhance the collection, processing, analysis and reporting of scientific data."
|Avellana Learning Oy||Vantaa, Finland||LIMS, LIS, and ELN implementation; open-source software implementation; software validation; quality control||Services page|
|BC Solutions, LLC||Phoenix, AZ, U.S.||LIS implementation, interface testing and validation, project management and consulting,
|BGASoft, Inc. dba LIMS ABC||Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.||Business analysis, lab process improvement, enterprise and cloud architecture, LIMS implementation, etc.||Services page|
|Bika Lab Systems (Pty) Ltd.||Western Cape, South Africa||LIMS requirement analysis, design, customization, configuration, and testing; training; project management, etc.||Services page|
|Bottom Line Consulting, LLC||Endwell, NY, U.S.||Labware products, user requirements specifications, vendor selection, project management||Services page|
|Brevitas Consulting, Inc.||Sacramento, CA, U.S.||Labware products, LIMS implementation; project management; quality assurance, etc.||Services page|
|C4 Database Management, Inc.||Port Orchard, WA, U.S.||LIS administration, LIS integrity, data integrity, database installation and migration||Services page|
|Chemtech Servicos de Engenharia e Software Ltda.||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||Manufacturing execution systems, SCADA, automation, cyber security, etc.||Services page|
|Clarity Compliance Solutions Limited||Chepstow, Wales||LIMS, system validation, data integrity, process mapping, vendor selection, etc.||Services page|
|Clarkston Consulting||Durham, NC, U.S.||LIMS, data integrity, process mapping, vendor selection, quality management, project management etc.||Services page|
|Clevr||Newstead, QLD, Australia||Laboratory process and technology consultations, custom LIMS development||Services page|
|Clinical Lab Consulting, LLC||Dublin, OH, U.S.||Provides a wide range of services "to all types of clinical laboratories including governmental, academia,
hospital, reference and physician office laboratories."
|Clinical Laboratory Consultants dba Medical Source||Marietta, GA, U.S.||"Medical Source offers experience, guidance, and unmatched expertise in the physician office and
independent reference laboratory."
|Cosine Consultants Ltd.||Strovolos, Cyprus||Software customization, data management system consulting, Fission LIMS, etc.||Services page|
|CSols, Inc.||Newark, DE, U.S.||Laboratory informatics strategic services, ELN and LIMS implementation, computer system validation, and
laboratory vendor-specific technologies
|Digital Lab Consulting Ltd.||London, U.K.||LIMS, LIS, and ELN implementation; computer system validation; business case development;
requirements definition; project management; vendor selection; etc.
|e-Science Solutions Ltd||Whittington, U.K.||Information technology, business case development, requirements definition, vendor selection, etc.||Services page|
|EM2 Solutions, Inc. dba Labtopia||Houston, TX, U.S.||Laboratory informatics strategic services, LIMS implementation, computer system validation,
quality management systems, training, and staffing
|Engineering Industries eXcellence||Chicago, IL, U.S.||LIMS selection, implementation, and change management; lab automation; and more||Services page|
|Excelra||Boston, MA, U.S.||LIMS and ELN selection, implementation, and change management;
workflow optimization; program and project management;
data migration and integration
|EquixTech||Madrid, Spain||LIMS selection, implementation, and change management; manufacturing execution systems;
automation; industrial internet of things
|Fructeam SARL||Paris, France||eLearning tools, clinical trial management systems, LIMS, ELN, SDMS, SAP||Services page|
|HPFM, Inc.||Pacifica, CA, U.S.||LIMS selection, implementation, and change management; computer system validation; quality
management systems, etc.
|iConnect Consulting, Inc.||San Francisco, CA, U.S.||LIMS implementation and validation; computer system validation; HL7 electronic communication, training||Services page|
|IMCOR GmbH||Filderstadt, Germany||LIMS selection and implementation, computer system validation, business process analysis and optimization||Services page|
|InfoWiz||Anyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea||LIMS, LES, ELN, SDMS, and quality management system selection and implementation; system integration||Services page|
|Kainos Healthcare Solutions, LLC||Richmond, VA, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, LIS, EHR, EMR, quality control, procurement and implementation,
custom development; they also offer a laboratory quality management solution, eQCo
|Kalleid, Inc.||Cambridge, MA, U.S.||"We work across the value chain in R&D, clinical and quality areas to deliver support services for software
implementations in highly complex, multi-site organizations."
|Lab Insights, LLC||Carlsbad, CA, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, computer system validation, vendor assessment, HIPAA audits and training,
quality assurance, process improvement, etc.
|LabMetrics, LLC||Ishpeming, MI, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, automation, instrumentation, compliance and auditing, quality assurance, etc.||Services page|
|Laboratory Advisory Bureau, LLC||McAllen, TX, U.S.||Clinical laboratory informatics, LIS, quality assurance, compliance and auditing, workflow management, etc.||Services page|
|Laboratory Systems Consulting||Celbridge, Ireland||Laboratory and scientific informatics, 21 CFR Part 11, project management, etc.||Services page|
|LIMeS Lab Support||Netherlands||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, LES, ELN, SDMS, lab automation||Services page|
|LIMS4U||Bedworth, England||Laboratory informatics, LIMS||Services page|
|LIMSCON||Vienna, Austria||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, CDMS, document management, training, project management,
computer system validation, etc.
|LUFC LabConsultants||Mierlo, The Netherlands||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, CDMS, SDMS, vendor selection, computer system validation,
workflows, project management, lab management, etc.
|Nichols Management Group Ltd.||York Harbor, ME, U.S.||Clinical laboratory informatics, system assessment, implementation, and integration;
project management; workflow management, etc.
|NNIT A/S||Søborg, Denmark||Laboratory informatics; system assessment, implementation, and integration;
system validation; project management; workflow management; etc.
|Nous Labautomation Support||Mariaheide, Netherlands||Laboratory process, automation, and regulation assistance; project management;
LIMS, ELN, CDS, and document management system implementation
|NXG Group, Inc.||Chennai, India||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, testing and validation, system integration management,
business consulting, etc.
|Orbis Labsystems Ltd.||Dublin, Ireland||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, quality assurance, system integration management, automation, etc.||Services page|
|OSTHUS GmbH||Aachen, Germany||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, system integration management, business consulting, etc.||Services page|
|prime4services GmbH||Karlsruhe, Germany||LIMS, project management, vendor selection, quality management and validation, etc.||Services page|
|PQE Group - Europe||Florence, Italy||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, laboratory instrument management, method validation, project management, etc.||Services page|
|PQE Group - North America||Rockville, MD, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, laboratory instrument management, method validation, project management, etc.||Services page|
|RC Inspection Group||Rotterdam, Netherlands||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, data analysis, automation, etc.||Services page|
|RevereIT, LLC||Sterling, VA, U.S.||LIMS, system integration management, system validation, method development and validation,
data migration, vendor selection, etc.
|Sagit Solutions Ltd.||Wan Chai, Hong Kong||LIMS, implementation management, cloud management, vendor selection, etc.||Services page|
|Scimcon Limited||Newmarket, Suffolk, U.K.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, CDS, SDMS, instrument management, project management||Services page|
|Semaphore Solutions, Inc.||Victoria, B.C., Canada||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, BaseSpace Clarity LIMS, workflow development, genomics||Services page|
|Sequence, Inc.||Morrisville, NC, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, CDS, SDMS, data architecture analysis, data analytics||Services page|
|Shaw Informatics Ltd.||Horsham, West Sussex, U.K.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, LES, ELN, process mapping, requirements analysis, project management,
vendor selection, deployment strategy, knowledge management solutions, training
|Silver Lining Informatics, LLC||Brooklyn, NY, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, LES, ELN, Labware products, STARLIMS products, LabVantage products,
workflow development, reporting, project management, training
|Solution4Labs Sp. z o.o.||Białystok, Poland||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, custom development, Thermo Scientific products,
Agaram Technologies products, etc.
|SoftNLabs SpA||Croix, France||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, LES, SDMS, ERP, CRM, project management, software validation||Services page|
|Techsol Corporation||Princeton, NJ, U.S.||LIMS, QMS, MES, regulatory affairs, clinical development, software validation, analytics, etc.||Services page|
|The Thor Group||Redondo Beach, CA, U.S.||LIS, RIS, EHR optimization and implementation||Services page|
|Validation Systems, Inc.||Palo Alto, CA, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, microbiological and chemistry services, quality management systems,
computer system validation, etc.
|Verista||Fishers, IN, U.S.||Laboratory informatics, LIMS, ELN, CDS, laboratory compliance assessments, computer system validation,
project management, etc.
|wega Informatik AG||Basel, Switzerland||LIMS, data management systems design and implementation, clinical trial management systems,
and electronic data capture for life and chemical sciences
These consultancies offer general help to laboratories, including management and quality control among other things (location represents headquarters):
|Vendor||Headquarters||Key services||Services page|
|A & J Laboratory Consultants||Aubrey, TX, U.S.||Laboratory start-up, pre-inspection evaluation, post-inspection correction, workflow improvement, training, etc.||Services page|
|Accumen, Inc.||Scottsdale, AZ, U.S.||Laboratory design and start-up, laboratory implementation and management planning, anatomical pathology services,
quality assessment, etc.
|Applied Management Systems, Inc.||Burlington, MA, U.S.||Laboratory start-up and consolidation, LIS, automation, workflow improvement, hospital productivity and management,
quality assessment, etc.
|Black & Veatch Corporation||Kansas City, MO, U.S.||Laboratory design and development||Services page|
|C&C Clinical Laboratory Consulting, LLC||Dallas, TX, U.S.||Laboratory start-up, pre-inspection evaluation, post-inspection correction, workflow improvement,
quality management, procedure development, etc.
|Catalyst Consulting||Austin, TX, U.S.||Laboratory start-up, regulatory compliance, workflow improvement, profitability analysis||Services page|
|Colaborate, LLC||Tampa, FL, U.S.||Laboratory design and start-up, laboratory implementation and management planning, laboratory informatics,
performance analysis, etc.
|Crime Lab Design||Southfield, MI, U.S.||Emphasis on forensic science, laboratory design and planning, feasibility studies, civil and mechanical
engineering, workflow management, etc.
|CT POL Consultants||South Windsor, CT, U.S.||Laboratory start-up, pre-inspection evaluation, post-inspection correction, workflow improvement, LIS, EHR,
lab billing, procedure development, etc.
|Diversified Laboratory Sciences, Inc.||Newnan, GA, U.S.||Laboratory design and start-up, pre-inspection evaluation, post-inspection correction, workflow improvement,
risk assessments, etc.
|DoctorsManagement||Knoxville, TN, U.S.||Laboratory and physician practice accounting, compliance, development, and operation improvement||Services page|
|DTPM, Inc.||Fort Payne, AL, U.S.||Laboratory buildout, compliance assistance, training, method development, staffing, system implementation||Services page|
|ELITech Group SAS||Puteaux, France||Laboratory operations, billing and reimbursement, regulatory assistance, profitability analysis||Services page|
|GD Animal Health||Deventer, Netherlands||Veterinary diagnostic laboratory start-up, laboratory operations, regulatory assistance, project management, and training||Services page|
|K&K Consultant Group, Inc.||Torrence, CA, U.S.||Laboratory start-up, pre-inspection evaluation, post-inspection correction, workflow improvement,
training, procedure development, etc.
|Lab Advisory Bureau||Abilene, TX, U.S.||Data management, quality managementm, regulatory guidance, training, accreditation prep||Services page|
|Lab IQ, LLC||Calabasas, CA, U.S.||Compliance management, workflow improvement, training, procedure development, feasibility studies, etc.||Services page|
|Laboratory by Design, Inc.||Napa, CA, U.S.||Laboratory, science, and research building design and renovation; project management and administration||Services page|
|Labtopia, Inc.||Houston, TX, U.S.||Laboratory audit preparation, corrective and preventative action programs, quality assurance,
project management, regulatory requirements, technical writing, etc.
|LDC, Inc.||Carlsbad, CA, U.S.||Laboratory audit preparation, DoD accreditation, litigation support, data validation, training||Services page|
|Lighthouse Lab Services||Apex, NC, U.S.||Laboratory buildout, recruiting, test menu development, test validation, training, etc.||Services page|
|McKesson Medical-Surgical||Irving, TX, U.S.||Laboratory buildout, test validation, training, quality assessment and control etc.||Services page|
|Nath Healthcare Business Solutions, LLC||Lafayette, LA, U.S.||Regulatory requirements, training and support, custom reporting and analytics, trend analysis||Services page|
|OnTarget Consulting Services, LLC||Peachtree City, GA, U.S.||Accreditation prep, operational and risk assessment, training, process management||Services page|
|Pathology Lab Solutions, Inc.||Conshohocken, PA, U.S.||Pathology laboratory design, start-up, and management; systems selection and validation;
inspection preparation; technical writing; staff evaluation and competency development; etc.
|Plantvision AB||Stockholm, Sweden||Laboratory automation, process improvement, quality management, data management, systems integration||Services page|
|POC Consultants, LLC||FL and NJ, U.S.||Regulatory compliance, review, and inspection services; training||Services page|
|Quality Systems and Compliance, Inc.||Beverly, MA, U.S.||Laboratory program development, laboratory design and start-up, pre-inspection evaluation, post-inspection correction,
workflow improvement, quality assurance, point-of-care testing assistance, etc.
|Rodric Consulting, LLC||Loveland, CO, U.S.||Laboratory program assessment and enhancement, laboratory restructuring and consolidation, compliance assessment,
LIS implementation, CLIA and accreditation assistance, etc.
|South Shore Laboratory Consultants, Inc.||Scituate, MA, U.S.||Genetic testing laboratory experience; laboratory licensing, compliance, and accreditation; quality assurance;
laboratory start-up and management; equipment evaluation and validation; etc.
|Strategic Directions International, Inc.||Arlington, VA, U.S.||Laboratory program assessment and enhancement, instrument implementation, situation and opportunity analysis||Services page|
|The Microbiology Network, Inc.||N. Chili, NY, U.S.||Microbiology and pharmacology laboratory experience, laboratory regulation and auditing, laboratory process improvement,
quality assurance, contamination control, aseptic processing, etc.
|US Data Management, LLC||Santa Barbara, CA, U.S.||LIMS validation and implementation, instrument qualification protocols, validation documentation, quality management,
process improvement, supply chain management, etc.
These consultancies offer specific help to laboratories in the field of design and organization of a laboratory (location represents headquarters):
|Vendor||Headquarters||Key services||Services page|
|Bode Cellmark Forensics, Inc.||Lorton, VA, U.S.||Forensic laboratory design, construction, and certification; instrument and software
system evaluation; workflow development; quality assessment; training
|GL Planning & Design, Inc.||San Francisco, CA, U.S.||Laboratory design, laboratory renovation||Services page|
|Health, Education and Research Associates, Inc.||St. Louis, MO, U.S.||Laboratory design||Services page|
|InterFocus Ltd.||Linton, Cambridge, U.K.||Laboratory design, laboratory renovation, laboratory furniture||Services page|
|jsAnalytical Laboratory Consultants Ltd.||British Columbia, Canada||Laboratory design, refinery design, software system evaluation, training||Services page|
|Laboratory Design and Supply, Inc.||Budford, GA, U.S.||Laboratory design, renovation, and relocation||Services page|
|LCS Constructors, Inc.||Irvine, CA, U.S.||Laboratory design, renovation, relocation, and construction||Services page|
|Longo, Inc. dba Longo Lab Design||Ramsey, NJ, U.S.||Laboratory design and renovation||Services page|
|OnePointe Solutions, LLC||Austin, TX, U.S.||Laboratory design and renovation||Services page|
|Research Facilities Design||San Diego, CA, U.S.||Laboratory assessment, benchmarking, and design||Services page|
|SGS S.A.||Geneva, Switzerland||Wide array of services, including laboratory assessment and design for the petrochemical industry||Services page|
|Superior Laboratory Services, Inc.||Pasadena, TX, U.S.||Laboratory design, construction, and certification; instrument evaluation; training||Services page|
Organizations, not-for-profits, and special interest groups
To hide the contents of the this section for easier reading of other sections, click the "Collapse" link to the right.
A through D
- AHIMA Foundation: "improves health information management by supporting the people, research and resources that advance the HIM profession;" 501 (c)(3) charitable child organization of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Alliance for Nursing Informatics: ANI; a collection of organizations which aims to "advance nursing informatics practice, education, policy and research"
- American Association of Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems: AAIHDS; "a non-profit organization dedicated to the educational advancement of provider-based managed care professionals responsible for accountable and integrated healthcare delivery"
- American Health Information Management Association: AHIMA; a collaboration of other associations and individuals involved in health information management
- American Medical Informatics Association: AMIA; a professional scientific association which "aims to lead the way in transforming health care through trusted science, education, and the practice of informatics"
- American Nursing Informatics Association: ANIA; a professional organization which aims "to advance the field of nursing informatics through communication, education, research and professional activities"
- American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors: ASCLD; a volunteer not-for-profit organization "dedicated to providing excellence in forensic science through leadership and innovation"
- American Society of Health Informatics Managers: ASHIM; "a non-governmental organization that acts in public interest by fostering professional standards in health IT professionals through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for CHISP certification"
- American Telemedicine Association: ATA; a non-profit organization dedicated to "promoting the deployment of telemedicine throughout the world"
- ANSI National Accreditation Board: ANAB; "a non-governmental organization that provides accreditation services and training to public- and private-sector organizations, serving the global marketplace," including laboratories. The ASCLD Laboratory Accreditation Board was merged into ANAB.
- Armenian Association of Telemedicine: AATM; a non-governmental, non-profit professional organization "interested in exploring and developing the field of telemedicine and eHealth in Armenia as well as worldwide"
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine: AIME; attempts to "foster fundamental and applied research in the application of artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to medical care and medical research"
- Asia Pacific Association for Medical Informatics: APAMI; the official Asia-Pacific chapter of the International Medical Informatics Association
- Association for Clinical Data Management: ACDM; "represents professionals working in the management of clinical data ... through training, conferences, discussions and information provision"
- Association for Health Information and Libraries in Africa: AHILA; an organization with a vision "to become a leader in promoting access and use of health information in Africa"
- Association for Information Science and Technology: ASIS&T; a professional association which aims to discover "new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information"
- Association for Information Systems: AIS; a non-profit organization and "professional association for individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice, and study of information systems worldwide"
- Association for Pathology Informatics: API; seeks "to promote the field of pathology informatics as an academic and a clinical subspecialty of pathology"
- Association for Veterinary Informatics: AVI; "a non-profit international and interdisciplinary organization comprised of individuals involved in biomedical informatics research, design, implementation, education and advocacy within the domain of veterinary medicine"
- Association of Clinical Scientists: a non-profit scientific and educational corporation "dedicated to the advancement of research and learning in laboratory science"
- Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems: AMDIS; a "professional organization for physicians interested in and responsible for healthcare information technology"
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: APHL; a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization promoting public health laboratories
- Australasian College of Health Informatics: ACHI; a "professional body for health informatics in the Asia-Pacific region"
- Australasian Telehealth Society: ATHS; an incorporated association that acts as "a forum for all of those involved in telehealth in Australia"
- Automation and Analytical Management Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry: AAMG; a special interest group of the analytical division of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Belgian Medical Informatics Association: MIM; a not-for-profit association which aims "to promote and develop medical information science and technology in Belgium"
- BioInfoBank Institute: a non-for-profit research and development organization which aims "to generate, incubate and inspire innovative ideas" and "productive research conducted by highly motivated excellent young scientists in Poland"
- Bioinformatics Institute of India: BII; registered under the Confrere Educational Society, aims "to promote excellence in biotech, life sciences and pharma education"
- Bioinformatics Organization: an incorporated non-profit organization which aims to "develop and maintain computational resources to facilitate world-wide communications and collaborations between people of all educational and professional levels"
- British Computer Society Health: BCS; an international organization actings as "the chartered institute for IT;" aims "to promote new thinking, education and knowledge sharing" in the industry
- British Computer Society Health Scotland : the Scottish branch of the BCS
- Canadian Health Information Management Association : CHIMA; a national membership-based organization which aims to act as a "change leader in health information management"
- Canadian Nursing Informatics Association: CNIA; a national membership-based organization which aims "to be the voice for nursing informatics in Canada"
- Child Health Informatics Center: CHIC; an American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) effort "to support and prepare pediatricians for the many changes that will be occurring over the next few years in regard to health information technology"
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives: CHIME; a non-profit "professional organization for chief information officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders"
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education: CAHIIM; a 501(c)3 not for profit organization that provides "quality monitoring of academic programs in health information management and health informatics through maintenance of accreditation policies and processes"
- Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation: COLA; "an independent, non-profit accreditor whose education program and standards enable clinical laboratories and staff to meet U.S. CLIA and other regulatory requirements"
- Computing in Cardiology: an incorporated non-profit and international society of scientists and professionals focused on examining the "methods and results of computation" in the study and application of cardiology and cardiovascular physiology
- Council on Clinical Information Technology: COCIT; an American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) sub-group dedicated "to support the development of health information technology"
- Czech Society for Biomedical Engineering and Medical Informatics: ČLS; a voluntary independent association of "physicians, pharmacists and other personnel in healthcare and affiliated fields" and other entities
- Society for Cybernetics and Informatics: CSKI; a society focused on the "support and promotion of cybernetics, informatics and related fields"
- Digital Health Canada: DHC; a professional association dedicated to advancing the field of health informatics (formerly known as COACH: Canada's Health Informatics Association)
E through J
- Ear-Nose-Throat Informatics Society: ENTIS-J; a Japanese society dedicated to information management in the ENT field
- eHealth Initiative: eHI; a national organization attempting "to drive improvement in the quality of healthcare by promoting the use of technology and information"
- EMBnet - The Global Bioinformatics Network: EMBnet; an initiative of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) that acts as "a pioneer and a provider of bioinformatics services, expertise and training, across Europe and beyond"
- Emergency Informatics Association: EIA; "to propose, track, publish, and promote projects in the emergency informatics domain in support of the EIA vision"
- European Federation for Medical Informatics: EFMI; "a nonprofit organisation concerned with the theory and practice of information science and technology within health and health science in a European context"
- European Health Telematics Association: EHTEL; "a pan European multi-stakeholder forum providing a leadership and networking platform for European corporate, institutional and individual actors dedicated to the betterment of healthcare delivery through eHealth"
- European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics: ERCIM; a consortium that "aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and to increase co-operation with European industry"
- EUROREC Institute: "an independent not-for-profit organisation, promoting in Europe the use of high quality electronic health record systems (EHRs)"
- Federation for Informatics Professionals: FEDIP; continuing on in spirit of the work the UK Council for Health Informatics Professions was doing, FEDIP "is the only public register for all informatics professionals in the UK dedicated to delivering better health and care through the advanced use of technology"
- Foundation of Healthcare Technologies Society: FHTS; an Indian association of "professionals from diverse backgrounds" attempting "to work in collaboration and to utilize accessible technologies as a medium to facilitate improvement in overall population health"
- Global Observatory for eHealth: GOE; a WHO-backed initiative "dedicated to the study of eHealth [and] its evolution and impact on health in countries"
- Global Organisation for Bioinformatics Learning, Education & Training: GOBLET; a European coalition of individuals and organizations dedicated "to coordinate world-wide bioinformatics training activities" in a shared and mutually respectful way
- Health Informatics in Africa: HELINA; a pan-African health informatics association dedicated to developing education, research, and strategic plans related to health informatics in Africa
- Health Informatics New Zealand: HINZ; a professional association that "seeks to facilitate improved health care outcomes through the dissemination and utilisation of information, knowledge and technology"
- Health Informatics Society of Australia: HISA; "a not-for-profit membership organisation for health informaticians and those with an interest in health informatics"
- Health Informatics Society of Ireland: HISI; this organization "bridges between computer professionals interested in health care, and health care professionals interested in computing – while supporting and embracing the new professionals of healthcare informatics"
- Health Informatics Society of Nigeria: HISN; "a professional membership driven association, developed to serve the growing community of clinical science, information science, computer science and management science professionals who are tasked with managing the dynamic health information technology life cycle"
- Health Information Management Association of Australia: HIMAA; an association turned national company that "seeks to promote and support [its] members as the universally recognised specialists in information management at all levels of the healthcare system"
- Health Level Seven International: HL7; "a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited standards developing organization dedicated to providing a comprehensive framework and related standards for the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information that supports clinical practice and the management, delivery, and evaluation of health services"
- Health On the Net Foundation: HON; a non-governmental organization that "promotes and guides the deployment of useful and reliable online health information, and its appropriate and efficient use"
- Healthcare Informatics Society of Ireland: HISI; incorporates the Healthcare Informatics sections of the Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland and of the Irish Computer Society; strives to develop knowledge and promote research in healthcare informatics
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society: HIMSS; a "not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare"
- HIMSS EHR Association: HIMSS EHRA; "a trade association of electronic health record (EHR) companies, addressing national efforts to create interoperable EHRs in hospital and ambulatory care settings"
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society: IEEE EMBS; an international society of biomedical engineers "focused on the development and application of engineering concepts and methods to provide new solutions to biological, medical and healthcare problems"
- IEEE Technology Management Council: IEEE TMC; an international organization that "provides information and services to IEEE members and the worldwide audience of practitioners and researchers engaged in the profession of engineering, technology, and innovation management"
- IHE International: IHE; "an initiative by healthcare professionals and industry to improve the way computer systems in healthcare share information"
- Indian Association for Medical Informatics: IAMI; an Indian association dedicated to medical specialists using informatics "into a common thread for the benefit of the patients and provoking an interdisciplinary research"
- Information Institute: a non-profit policy research and educational organization comprised of academics and industry representatives dedicated "to further[ing] understanding of intricate relationships between information science and technology"
- Initiative for Parallel Bioinformatics: IPAB; a Japanese initiative to accelerate the use of technology for performing information processing in the field of bioinformatics
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: IEEE; a "professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity"
- Institute of Health Records & Information Management: IHRIM; an educational body dedicated "to provide qualifications at different levels as well as career and professional assistance for members" from "the fields of health records, information management, clinical coding and information governance"
- International Council on Archives: ICA; a non-governmental, member-funded organization "dedicated to the effective management of records and the preservation, care and use of the world's archival heritage"
- International Federation for Information Processing: IFIP; "a non-governmental, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing"
- International Federation of Health Information Management Associations: IFHIMA; a non-profit organization affiliated with the World Health Organization (WHO) as a non-governmental organization that "supports national associations and health record professionals to implement and improve health records and the systems which support them"
- International Medical Informatics Association: IMIA; an "association of associations" which acts as a bridge between constituent organizations and their members to better "enable the transformation of healthcare in accord with the world-wide vision of improving the health of the world population"
- International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories: ISBER; a division of the American Society for Investigative Pathology, "promoting harmonized high quality standards, ethical principles and innovation in the science and management of biospecimen collection, processing, storage, distribution and use"
- International Society for Clinical Biostatistics: ISCB; a professional organization dedicated "to [stimulating] research into the principles and methodology used in the design and analysis of clinical research and to increase the relevance of statistical theory to the real world of clinical medicine"
- International Society for Computational Biology: ISCB; a non-profit corporation "addressing scientific policies, providing access to high quality publications, organizing meetings, and serving as a portal to information about training, education, employment and news" for those in the field of bioinformatics and computational biology
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering: ISPE; an international society of scientific and technical personnel in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, "committed to the advancement of the educational and technical efficiency of its members through forums for the exchange of ideas and practical experience"
- IQVIA Institute for Human Data Science: an outgrowth of the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics—which was part of IMS Health, which merged with Quintiles to form IQVIA—the institute "contributes to the advancement of human health globally through timely research, insightful analysis and scientific expertise applied to granular non-identified patient-level data"
- Japan Association for Medical Informatics: JAMI; a Japanese professional association dedicated to sharing academic research related to medical informatics
- Japan Association for Medical Informatics - Nursing Informatics: JAMI-NI; the JAMI subcommittee on nursing informatics
- Japan Association for Clinical Laboratory Science: formerly the Japan Society for Clinical Laboratory Automation, this association attempts to "contribute to precise diagnosis, appropriate treatment, and better health care by applying the latest technologies to clinical laboratories"
- Japan Society of Health Information Management: JHIM; a Japanese scientific organization dedicated to "establishing, implementing, and promoting the science of health information (record) management in Japan"
- Japanese Society for Bioinformatics: JSBi; a Japanese professional association dedicated "to develop[ing] the discipline of bioinformatics in Japan" as well as "the promotion of the technology and related business" aspects of bioinformatics
- Japanese Society of Drug Informatics: JASDI; a Japanese professional association dedicated to "contributing to the improvement and advancement [of] pharmaceutical medicine ... as well as the improvement of science education and research on drug information"
- JISC: a registered U.K. charity dedicated to promoting "the innovative use of information and communication technology to support education, research and institutional effectiveness"
K through Z
- Kenya Health Informatics Association: KeHIA; a professional association dedicated "to further[ing] the health and biomedical agenda in Kenya to support the government's initiatives to improve and sustain quality health services for all Kenyans"
- KDD: a sub-group of the Association for Computing Machinery, promoting the "advancement and adoption of the 'science' of knowledge discovery and data mining"
- Laboratory Research & Innovation Group LRIG; formerly the Laboratory Robotics Interest Group, this is a "special interest group focused on laboratory automation"
- Markle Foundation: a private foundation with the goal of helping others "realize the potential of information technology to address previously intractable public problems, for the health and security of all Americans"
- Medical Computer Society of India: MCSI; a professional society dedicated to promoting the use of computer technology to better patient outcomes
- Medical Informatics and Technology Applications Consortium: MedITAC; "a unique NASA Research Partnership Center (RPC), established to develop, evaluate, and promote information and medical technologies for space flight and ground applications"
- Medical Library Association: MLA; a nonprofit, educational organization "committed to educating health information professionals, supporting health information research, [and] promoting access to the world's health sciences information"
- Medical Software Industry Association: MSIA; a membership-based professional association representing "the interests of the Australian commercial software industry which develops, supplies and services information management products and services for healthcare practitioners, healthcare service providers and healthcare organisations"
- MedTech Europe: formerly the European Diagnostic Manufacturer’s Association and Eucomed, the two combined to form MedTech Europe, a "trade association for the medical technology industry including diagnostics, medical devices and digital health"
- Middle East Association for Health Informatics: MEAHI; a not-for-profit organization "trying to use regional as well as global potentials to provide a collaborative environment, in which requirements are discussed, solutions are provided, and resources are allocated to tackle healthcare issues of this vulnerable part of the world"
- National Academies: a collection of U.S. "private, nonprofit institutions that provide expert advice on some of the most pressing challenges facing the nation and the world," including sciences, engineering, medicine, and research
- National Association of Health Data Organizations: NAHDO; a U.S. "non-profit membership and educational association dedicated to improving health care data collection and use"
- National Institutes of Health Informatics: NIHI; a Canadian not-for-profit corporation "dedicated to fostering health informatics (HI) innovation, research and education"
- The NELAC Institute: TNI; a "non-profit organization whose mission is to foster the generation of environmental data of known and documented quality through an open, inclusive, and transparent process that is responsive to the needs of the community"
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations: NDLTD; "an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations"
- New England Nursing Informatics Consortium: NENIC; "a dynamic regional organization of nurses, allied healthcare professionals, and HIT solution providers"
- Nursing Specialist Group: NSG; a British Computer Society-related "U.K. organisation for nurses and therapists interested in the management and use of information and communications technology to improve the quality, delivery and recording of care"
- Ontario Nursing Informatics Group: ONIG; a professional group attempting "to provide a forum for nursing professionals to communicate and disseminate current developments in health care information systems"
- openEHR Foundation: a not-for-profit company that develops specification, clinical model, and other medical programs and also supports health informatics education
- OSCAR Canada Users' Society: OCUS; a not-for-profit society dedicated to promoting the education and use of OSCAR, "a suite of open-source applications including an electronic medical record"
- Public Health Informatics Institute: PHII; a non-profit organization acting "as a neutral convener of public health professionals and their stakeholders, transforming health practitioners' ability to apply information effectively in order to improve health outcomes worldwide"
- Public Library of Science: PLOS; a not-for-profit "publisher, membership, and advocacy organization with a mission to accelerate progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication"
- Regenstrief Institute: RI; an informatics and healthcare research organization dedicated to "improving quality of care, increasing efficiency of healthcare delivery, preventing medical errors and enhancing patient safety"
- Scholarly Publishing & Academic Resources Coalition: SPARC; "an international alliance of academic and research libraries working to correct imbalances in the scholarly publishing system"
- SIGCOMM: a special interest group of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) dedicated to finding answers to "systems engineering and architectural questions surrounding computer communication"
- SNOMED International: SNOMED; the not-for-profit association that owns and maintains SNOMED CT, a comprehensive and multilingual set of clinical terminology
- Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine: SIIM; a "leading healthcare professional organization for those interested in the current and future use of informatics in medical imaging"
- Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening: SLAS; "a global organization that exists to provide forums for education and information exchange to encourage the study of, and improve the science and practice of, laboratory automation and screening"
- Swedish Association of Medical Informatics: SFMI; a professional association that strives "to promote the development of informatics in health care, in particular through the organization of meetings with scientific lectures and discussions"
- Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics: SIB; an academic, non-profit foundation that "coordinates research and education in bioinformatics throughout Switzerland and provides high quality bioinformatics services to the national and international research community"
- Ukrainian Association for Computer Medicine: UACM; an independent non-governmental non-commercial organization dedicated to furthering the use of computers and other technology in medicine
- University hospital Medical Information Network: UMIN; "a cooperative organization for national medical schools in Japan"
- URAC: an independent, nonprofit organization "promoting health care quality through its accreditation, education and measurement programs"
- Vancouver Bioinformatics Users Group: VanBUG; "an association of researchers, other professionals and students in the B.C. Lower Mainland who have an interest in the field of bioinformatics"
Books and magazines
- Carter, Jerome H., ed. (2008). Electronic Health Records (2nd ed.). American College of Physicians. pp. 530. ISBN 9781930513976. https://www.acponline.org/ebizatpro/ProductsandServices/BooksfromACPPress/ACPPressDetail/tabid/203/Default.aspx?ProductId=17173.
- Bali, Rajeev K. (2005). Clinical Knowledge Management: Opportunities and Challenges (1st ed.). IGI Global. pp. 334. ISBN 9781591403005. http://www.igi-global.com/book/clinical-knowledge-management/155.
- Cowan, Daniel, ed. (2002). Informatics for the Clinical Laboratory: A Practical Guide (1st ed.). Springer. pp. 324. ISBN 9780387244495. http://www.springer.com/public+health/book/978-0-387-95362-5.
- Davis, Nadinia A.; LaCour, Melissa (2013). Health Information Technology (3rd ed.). Elsevier. pp. 604. ISBN 9781437727364. http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9781437727364.
- Ekins, Sean; Hupcey, Maggie A. Z.; Williams, Antony J.; Bingham, Alpheus, ed. (2011). Collaborative Computational Technologies for Biomedical Research (1st ed.). Wiley. pp. 576. ISBN 9780470638033. http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470638036.html.
- Gammack, John; Hobbs, Val; Pigott, Diarmuid, ed. (2011). The Book of Informatics (1st revised ed.). Cengage Learning. pp. 542. ISBN 9780170216005. http://www.cengage.com/aushed/instructor.do?disciplinenumber=1003&product_isbn=9780170216005.
- Hebda, Toni Lee; Czar, Patricia (2012). Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals (5th ed.). Pearson. pp. 624. ISBN 9780132574952. http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/product/Handbook-of-Informatics-for-Nurses-Healthcare-Professionals/9780132574952.page.
- Hoyt, Robert E.; Bailey, Nora; Yoshihashi, Ann, ed. (2012). Health Informatics: Practical Guide For Healthcare And Information Technology Professionals (5th ed.). Lulu Press. pp. 490. ISBN 9781105437557. http://www.lulu.com/shop/robert-e-hoyt-and-nora-bailey-and-ann-yoshihashi/health-informatics-practical-guide-for-healthcare-and-information-technology-professionals-fifth-edition/paperback/product-18864042.html.
- International Medical Informatics Association, ed. (2012). IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics. Schattauer Publishers. ISBN 9783794526512. http://www.schattauer.de/en/magazine/subject-areas/journals-a-z/imia-yearbook/objectives-contents-formats/issue/special/manuscript/11851/show.html.
- Kagadis, George C.; Langer, Steve G., ed. (2011). Informatics in Medical Imaging (1st ed.). CRC Press. pp. 367. ISBN 9781439831243. http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439831243.
- Liu, Q.; Bai, Q.; Giugni, S.; Williamson, D.; Taylor, J., ed. (2012). Data Provenance and Data Management in eScience (2013 ed.). Springer. pp. 184. ISBN 9783642299308. http://www.springer.com/engineering/book/978-3-642-29930-8.
- Lorenzi, Nancy M.; Riley, Robert T. (2004). Managing Technological Change: Organizational Aspects of Health Informatics (2nd ed.). Springer. pp. 305. ISBN 9781441931337. http://www.springer.com/medicine/book/978-0-387-98548-0.
- Pantanowitz, Liron; Tuthill, J. Mark; Balis, Ulysses G.J. (2012). Pathology Informatics: Theory and Practice (1st ed.). American Society for Clinical Pathology. pp. 336. ISBN 9780891895831. http://www.ascp.org/Store/Books/5831.html.
- Shortliffe, Edward H.; Cimino, James J., ed. (2010). Biomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine (3rd revised ed.). Springer. pp. 1038. ISBN 9780387362786. http://www.springer.com/public+health/book/978-0-387-28986-1.
- Taylor, Paul, ed. (2006). From Patient Data to Medical Knowledge: The Principles and Practice of Health Informatics (1st ed.). BMJ Books. pp. 272. ISBN 9780727917751. http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0727917757.html.
- Thomas-Brogan, Teri, ed. (2008). Health Information Technology Basics: A Concise Guide to Principles and Practice (1st ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning. pp. 180. ISBN 9780763746872. http://www.jblearning.com/catalog/9780763746872/.
- Wager, Karen A.; Lee, Frances W.; Glaser, John P., ed. (2009). Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management (2nd ed.). Jossey-Bass. pp. 544. ISBN 9780470387801. http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470387807.html.
- Hesse, Bradford W.; Ahern, David; Beckjord, Ellen (2016). Oncology Informatics (1st ed.). Academic Press. pp. 448. ISBN 9780128021156. https://www.elsevier.com/books/oncology-informatics/hesse/978-0-12-802115-6.
- Hussey, Pamela; Jennedy, Margaret A., ed. (2021). Introduction to Nursing Informatics (5th ed.). Springer. pp. 427. ISBN 9783030587390. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030587390.
- Isayev, Olexandr; Tropsha, Alexander; Curtarolo, Stefano, ed. (2019). Materials Informatics: Methods, Tools, and Applications. Wiley. pp. 304. ISBN 9783527341214. https://www.wiley.com/en-us/Materials+Informatics%3A+Methods%2C+Tools%2C+and+Applications-p-9783527341214.
- Kamilaris, Andreas; Wohlgemuth, Volker; Karatzas, Kostas D. et al., ed. (2021). Advances and New Trends in Environmental Informatics (1st ed.). Springer. pp. 270. ISBN 9783030619688. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030619688.
- Kumar, Pardeep; Kumar, Yugal; Tawhid, Mohamed A., ed. (2021). Machine Learning, Big Data, and IoT for Medical Informatics (1st ed.). Academic Press. pp. 458. ISBN 9780128217771. https://www.elsevier.com/books/machine-learning-big-data-and-iot-for-medical-informatics/xhafa/978-0-12-821777-1.
- Lambert, Chrisophe; Baker, Darrol; Patrinos, George, ed. (2018). Human Genome Informatics (1st ed.). Academic Press. pp. 314. ISBN 9780128094143. https://www.elsevier.com/books/human-genome-informatics/lambert/978-0-12-809414-3.
- Mccaffrey, Peter (2020). An Introduction to Healthcare Informatics (1st ed.). Academic Press. pp. 339. ISBN 9780128149157. https://www.elsevier.com/books/an-introduction-to-healthcare-informatics/mccaffrey/978-0-12-814915-7.
- Nelson, Ramona; Staggers, Nancy (2016). Health Informatics (2nd ed.). Mosby. pp. 678. ISBN 9780323402316. https://www.elsevier.com/books/health-informatics/page/978-0-323-40231-6.
- Peck, Alexander (2018). Clark's Essential PACS, RIS and Imaging Informatics (1st ed.). CRC Press. pp. 248. ISBN 9781498763233. https://www.routledge.com/Clarks-Essential-PACS-RIS-and-Imaging-Informatics/Peck/p/book/9781498763233.
- Sittig, Dean (2017). Clinical Informatics Literacy (1st ed.). Academic Press. pp. 252. ISBN 9780128032077. https://www.elsevier.com/books/clinical-informatics-literacy/sittig/978-0-12-803206-0.
- American Laboratory: provides "analytical chemists and life scientists with up-to-date information about equipment, instrumentation, and applications that they use in their labs every day."
- Ariadne: Web Magazine for Information Professionals: created "to inform policy-makers and practitioners in the higher education and research sectors of developments in the online environment."
- Becker's Hospital Review - Health IT: covers the healthcare IT aspects of hospitals
- Bio-IT World: "provides topical news coverage and analysis of cutting-edge technologies to handle the data deluge in petascale computing and the tools to deliver individualized medicine."
- CAP TODAY: a healthcare publication with "feature articles, concise news items, editorial columns, and scientific abstracts"
- Clinical Lab Manager: "provides readers with information and tips on finance and business strategy for the clinical lab."
- Clinical Lab Products: "focuses exclusively on products and technology for the clinical lab industry."
- Clinical Laboratory International: "crammed with information of direct relevance to everyone in the in vitro diagnostics field and all related disciplines."
- Drug Discovery & Development: "covers strategies and technologies related to pharmaceutical research and development and drug formulation"
- Drug Discovery World: "cover[s] the latest news and events in the global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and biotech sectors, as well as the technology and processes to help create vaccines, therapeutics and drugs."
- European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer: keeps "readers abreast of the latest offerings and developments in R&D and manufacturing products and equipment, ingredients and contract services."
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News: covers "the entire bioproduct life cycle from early-stage R&D, to applied research including omics, biomarkers, as well as diagnostics, to bioprocessing and commercialization."
- Health Data Management: "guides the healthcare community with insight that anticipates how advanced computing—analytics, artificial intelligence, digital health, virtual care platforms, interoperable systems and more—can support care improvement and clinical efficiency."
- Healthcare Innovation: "draw upon decades of experience in covering the industry, sharing insights and analysis with readers through feature articles, web interviews, blogs, and news coverage."
- HIT Consultant: "provides editorial insights on health IT, EHRs, population health management, digital health, telehealth, accountable care, patient engagement and startups."
- Lab Manager: "the only publication specifically focused on all aspects of running a lab, including ensuring your lab is meeting health and safety standards, budgeting, hiring and retaining staff, managing people, designing and furnishing your lab, and choosing the right technologies for your lab."
- Laboratory Design: serves the "community involved in the design, construction, and operation of laboratory facilities, including building owners and operators, high-level lab users and managers, and the building team."
- Laboratory Equipment: "bringing laboratory professionals the products, news and research innovations that help them excel at their jobs."
- Laboratory Informatics Guide: a yearly special supplement to Scientific Computing World subscribers that provides articles and information about laboratory informatics.
- Laboratory News: provides "readers with comprehensive and detailed coverage of the issues facing contemporary science."
- Laboratory Talk: "provide the most comprehensive resource for everything from the latest products and research solutions, to white papers, application notes and case studies."
- Life Science Leader: provides life science executives with the industry's best practices and "motivate[s] them to implement those best practices in their own businesses."
- Medical Laboratory Observer: provides "lab professionals with peer-reviewed editorials, answers to critical questions and important product information."
- Modern Healthcare: delivers "healthcare business and policy news, research and information."
- Pharma Manufacturing: "devoted to the drug product’s journey from end stage development, through scaleup, to commercial manufacturing, providing strategies and best practices for facilities whose goals include reducing risks, improving product quality and increasing efficiencies."
- Pharmaceutical Technology / Pharmaceutical Technology Europe: provides "peer-reviewed content and features on next-generation process development and manufacturing, formulation, drug delivery, ingredients, regulation, analytics, packaging, supply-chain, and outsourcing."
- Pulse+IT: eHealth and health IT topics primarily targeted at the Australian and New Zealand health sectors.
- R&D World: "deliver interesting and informative content to engineers, scientists, laboratory professionals, R&D managers, and others involved in the world of research."
- Research Information: provides news and articles about "online content and information management."
- Scientific Computing World: "the only global publication dedicated to the computing and information technology needs of scientists and engineers."
- The Scientist: "dedicated to covering a wide range of topics central to the study of cell and molecular biology, genetics, and other life-science fields."
- Tomorrow's Laboratories: "your digital magazine for the laboratory science sector."
- Wiley Analytical Science: a Wiley-backed magazine about sample preparation, electrophoresis, chromatography, genomics, and laboratory informatics