Laboratory Informatics Institute
The Laboratory Informatics Institute (LII) is a non-governmental organization and "a laboratory industry trade association for the education, standardization and promotion of the functional and professional areas of laboratory informatics." As well as providing educational resources, the LII also engages in advocacy of the use of laboratory informatics tools and publishes materials related to numerous types of scientific, health, and laboratory informatics.
On June 28, 2009, John Jones and the LII started LIMSforum, an LII user group for laboratory, scientific, and health informatics on LinkedIN.
On April 12, 2011, the LII began working in earnest on LIMSwiki, "an organized, documented, up-to-date, standardized body of knowledge (BoK) regarding all aspects of laboratory informatics, bioinformatics, and health informatics."
That same month, the LII also began working on LIMSUniversity.com, set up to offer educational Moodle-based courses on laboratory informatics. That educational project eventually transferred to the LII domain in December 2013.
- "Laboratory Informatics Institute Established". Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc. 17 July 2006. http://www.limsfinder.com/BlogDetail.aspx?id=31049_0_3_0_C. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "LiMS forum - Laboratory Informatics Institute user's group for LIMS, Scientific & Health Informatics". LinkedIN. http://www.linkedin.com/groups/LiMS-forum-Laboratory-Informatics-Institute-2069898. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Main Page - Revision as of 23:00, 12 April 2011 by Andersjim". Laboratory Informatics Institute. 12 April 2011. http://www.limswiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&direction=next&oldid=1. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "LIMSwiki mission". Laboratory Informatics Institute. 02 June 2011. http://www.limswiki.org/index.php?title=LIMSWiki:About. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "LCE101: Overview". Laboratory Informatics Institute. 03 April 2011. http://www.limsuniversity.com/mod/page/view.php?id=3. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "LIMSInstitute.org - Course categories". Laboratory Informatics Institute. http://www.limsinstitute.org/course/index.php. Retrieved 12 May 2014.