|Original author(s)||Joseph Hanauer, Olga Tchuvatkina, and Thomas Moloshok|
|Developer(s)||Fox Chase Cancer Center|
|Initial release||April 4, 2006(1.0)|
|Discontinued||1.1 / May 19, 2006|
Laboratory informatics software|
Laboratory information management systems
protLIMS was a free open-source caBIG-compliant laboratory information management system designed for the field of proteomics. Only two public releases of the software were made in 2006, with no updates since.
The Bioinformatics Facility at Fox Chase Cancer Center (FCCC) initiated development of protLIMS in early 2006 under the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Biomedical Informatics Grid caBIG initiative. The goal of the project was "to develop a stand-alone LIMS system dedicated to studies in the realm of proteomics" and "to capture the data and metadata to the point in the analytical workflow where sample are prepared for mass spectroscopy." Version 1.0 of the software was released on April 4, 2006, followed by 1.1 on May 19. No further public releases or discussion were made on neither the NCI site or the FCCC site, and the project is assumed to be dead.
The main features of protLIMS can more or less be deduced from the user guide. The software is described as not being HIPAA compliant.
Installation requirements for protLIMS include:
- Java 1.4.2
- the included JBOSS 4.0.0
Consult the user documentation for more information.
Videos, screenshots, and other media
- Documentation for protLIMS is located here.
Entities using protLIMS
- Tchuvatkina, Olga; Shimoni, Liat; Ochs, Michael F.; Moloshok, Thomas (2006). "Proteomics LIMS: A caBIG Project, Year 1". AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings 2006: 1116. PMC PMC1839438. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1839438/.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "protLIMS: Project Filelist". National Cancer Institute. http://gforge.nci.nih.gov/frs/?group_id=98. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- ↑ Tchuvatkina, Olga; Shimoni, Liat; Ochs, Michael F.; Moloshok, Thomas (2006). "Proteomics LIMS: A caBIG Project, Year 1". AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings 2006: 1116. PMC PMC1839438. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1839438/. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- ↑ "Software Requirements and Specification Document: caBIG Proteomics LIMS" (DOC). National Cancer Institute. February 2006. p. 1. http://gforge.nci.nih.gov/docman/view.php/98/1974/caBIG_SRSD_ProtLIMS_2_1.doc. Retrieved 30 January 2013.