My name is Shawn, and I'm the curator and a senior editor here at LIMSwiki. I do most of the researching, writing, and editing here as well as manage some aspects of the wiki infrastructure.
This site is always a work in progress. If you spot any major errors, please notify me on my talk page. If you e-mail me, also leave a note on my talk page as I don't check e-mails related to this wiki that often.
Areas of focus
My focus here shifts often. Some days I'll work on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual wiki maintenance. Other days I'll be working on expanding information about laboratory informatics vendors. Or I may be working on site documentation and training material. However, regardless of where my time goes, my primary focus is the same as that of this wiki: creating and managing organized, documented, and up-to-date content regarding all aspects of laboratory informatics, bioinformatics, and health informatics.
Since April 15, 2011, I've made tens of thousands edits to the site and counting. However, as Wikipedia reminds us, "it's the quality of edits that counts, not the quantity." I've attempted to focus on quality of edits as much as I have the quantity, using strong citations and remaining as neutral as possible.
You can view all of my contributions here.
Pages I don't want to forget
There are several pages I don't want to forget about, either because they will eventually be deleted once the content is created or because they need future work.
- LIMSWiki:Community portal : need to remember to update this regularly
Projects I would like to come back to
- Types of laboratory analytical tests
- Laboratory Informatics Buyer's Guide for Medical Diagnostics and Research
These are subpages I use from time to time to test code, update training material, collate useful research links, or build out future guides.
- Sandbox Sublevel1 (Introduction to Quality and Quality Management Systems)
- Sandbox Sublevel2 (LIS User Requirements for the Physician Office Laboratory (POL))
- Sandbox Sublevel3 (Section 508 requirements)
- Sandbox Sublevel4 (LLX updated page)
- Sandbox Sublevel7 (Laboratory Testing Terminology Reference)
- Sandbox Sublevel44 (Scratchpad for updated POL guide)
- Sandbox Sublevel45 (Broad feature set of a pathology information management solution)
- Sandbox Sublevel46 (WikiPress Book test code)
- Sandbox Sublevel5
- Sandbox Sublevel6
- Sandbox Sublevel8
- Sandbox Sublevel9
- Sandbox Sublevel10
- Sandbox Sublevel11
- Sandbox Sublevel12
- Sandbox Sublevel13
- Sandbox Sublevel14
- Sandbox Sublevel15
- Sandbox Sublevel16
- Sandbox Sublevel17
- Sandbox Sublevel18
- Sandbox Sublevel19
- Sandbox Sublevel20
- Sandbox Sublevel21
- Sandbox Sublevel22
- Also see sublevels 23–44